torsdag 14 januari 2010

Copy from myspace

!
As said in my first post i will re-post what I wrote on the myspace blog

"Spotify is one of those new hip trends (or has it already grown too old for you?) and it is certainly amazing how technology is growing and make things easier for us to use. To make something clear from the start I will assure all that I like and support the activity of Spotify even though Bergraven isn't in there. BUT!!!! There is some advertising (No I haven't got a paid for account and that's of course because I love advertising and not because I'm broke) which says that If you upgrade you'll be able to listen to and buy ALL of your favorite music and this is why I call Spotify fake-ish. YOU CAN NOT AT ALL listen to or buy all of your favorite music unless you are a total ignorant human from Tellus listening only to crap music. The main reason for me to get a Spotify account was with the dream to be able to hear all the music the world forgot, but was I fooled! After listening to some good music (among some the amazing Marlene Dietrich) I felt the urge to hear a song "Mijo and the Laying of the Which" by the amazing old heavy prog band Steel Mill but to my disappontment it was not there! After I settled down I realised the obvious fact that Spotify isn't THE library of all music from ancient time up until today. Of course i was only stupid to ever think such a thought or even to be upset about it but while this thought lasted longer I came to think of all the poor bands who will be something of a B-team (Bergraven for one that is haha) just because they aren't on Spotify and all the people who will never hear them. I also realise that Steel mill is a really obscure band but that does not make me less afraid that some bands will be even more forgotten after Spotify has accomplished to make people belive that they offer "all your favorite music" and nothing else exist (It makes me paranoid that they even think they know anything about my favorite music). Ok ok I am a wino but i send out a plea to all you "music freaks"(Quote Fenriz here this is) to never forget about all the good bands that didn't make it to the A-team of Spotify. Do as i should have done hours ago, instead of sitting here listning to Magnum on Spotify, and go find your old Manilla Road Lps (Open the gates is especially good I think) and think about their feelings realising they weren't good enough for Spotify.

I hope Spotify will be better and that more people will use it and force labels to arrange for more and more music to be heard. During my already endless hours with Spoitfy I came to think of an old recomendation of the band The Sonics and how I love to get that feeling down my spine when I hear good music I haven't heard before. So to start my quest to tell the world what my favorite music is (Don't you dare call me messiah) whether its on Spotify or not I'll give you
The Sonics
The thing I like about them is the sound and their way of playing. It gives me the feeling of a 60s rock'n'roll version of Azhubham Haani and how cool isn't that! This happens to be a band that is partially on Spotify so use your account and find "The savage young sonics" and just let yourself dream away to at least the first four songs there. Then you could check out their debut album which is amazing."

/P

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar